- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix all crust ingredients together. Spray a 23-cm (9-in.) round cake pan with oil. Press mixture into the bottom and sides to form a 1-cm (½-in.) thick crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Brush prebaked crust with Dijon mustard. Add the asparagus, salmon, cheese, herbs, and lemon zest.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl and pour over the ingredients in the crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Replace smoked salmon with cooked fresh salmon.
For perfectly cooked rice, rinse it with cold water until water runs clear. Place one part rice and 1½ parts cold, salted water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until water is completely absorbed and then fluff rice with a fork.
In opting for a rice crust, you'll have half the total fat, one third the saturated fat, and 2.5 times more protein than with a store-bought pie crust.