- Bring vegetable stock and bay leaves to a boil in a large saucepan. Place back ribs in the pan and cook for 60 minutes, or until meat easily pulls away from bones with a fork.
- Drain and cool. Place back ribs in a large shallow dish and baste with half of marinade.
- Cover with plastic fi lm and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Reserve remaining marinade. Preheat barbecue at medium-high.
- Oil barbecue grill and place ribs on top. Barbecue for 5 minutes per side or until meat is grilled. Baste during cooking with reserved marinade. Serve with baby potatoes and asparagus grilled on the barbecue.
Variation: For sweeter flavours, add 1/4 cup applesauce and 30 mL (2 tbsp.) brown sugar.