- Shell the crab legs and reserve the meat.
- Cook asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, or until tender crisp.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
- Reserve 250 mL (1 cup) cooking water and then strain pasta.
- Return pasta to pot and add the butter, olive oil, green onions, lemon zest and juice, reserved asparagus, and half the grated Parmesan.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- If necessary, add a few spoonfuls of reserved cooking water to thin the sauce.
- Add shredded crab meat, mix, and serve into 4 shallow bowls.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan.
For a more festive looking dish, add the pieces of crab on top of the pasta and garnish with chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
Prepare a deluxe BLT with leftover crab meat.
For a delicious crab roll, mix leftover crab meat with mayonnaise and a generous amount of lemon zest, a few drops of lemon juice, and a touch of hot spice.