Sole with Orange and Lemon
- Place the sole in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle peppercorns or ground pepper.
- Add the orange rounds, cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Gently remove the sole from the marinade. Reserve the marinade and orange slices. Season the sole fillets with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour.
- Heat 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of marinade in a pan.
- Add the sole and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the sole from the pan and keep warm. Drain the pan. Melt the butter in the pan. Add the remaining reserved marinade. Incorporate the orange and lemon zest, then add the basil.
- Cook on low heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Pour the sauce over the sole fillets and garnish with the orange and lemon rounds. Serve with rice and vegetables.