Southwestern-style BBQ ribs from Stefano Faita
- To prepare dry rub, combine chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Massage rub into ribs, both sides. Cover and marinate in fridge at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Cover a baking sheet with a double layer of aluminium foil, enough to wrap the ribs in.
- Place ribs on baking sheet, bone side down. Wrap ribs in aluminium foil, sealing well. Bake in oven until a knife inserts easily into meat, 2 ½ to 3 hours. The meat must be very tender, though not yet falling off the bone.
- Carefully unwrap ribs, draining and setting juices aside. Ribs and juices can be kept in the fridge for 1 or 2 days before grilling. (Reserved juices can be added to barbecue sauce if desired.)
- To grill meat, preheat barbecue to medium. Place ribs on grill. Brush with barbecue sauce, turning over occasionally, until they are hot and thoroughly grilled, about 10 minutes.