Souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass dish or large sealable plastic bag. Add meat and coat well with marinade. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high. Remove meat from marinade and thread onto skewers. Grill souvlaki for about 2 minutes per side, or until pinkish inside. Serve with tzatziki-style salad and toasted pitas.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush pitas with a little olive oil. Sprinkle lightly with oregano.
- Place pita quarters on the barbecue grill and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, grilling lightly.