- In a medium-size saucepan, caramelize the apples and maple syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, add soy beverage, tapioca, vanilla, and egg yolks, and whisk.
- Return saucepan to heat and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, whisking continually.
- Remove from heat, let stand on counter for 10 minutes before putting in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide tapioca into 4 verrines and top each one with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of cranberries.
*Chef's tip: Serve with a few spoonfuls of granola or nuts.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org