- Pour 60 mL (1/4 cup) cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin onto water and allow to soften for 1 minute. Reserve.
- Heat soy beverage and sugar in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and liquid is hot.
- Whisk gelatin into mixture and stir until completely dissolved. Divide soy mixture among four ramekins. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Heat coffee, sugar and cardamom in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, or until syrupy. Reserve.
- To unmould panna cotta, slice a knife blade around the edges and dip ramekins in hot water for a few seconds.
- Invert onto serving plates. Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves. Spoon coffee syrup over top and serve.
: Add 2 or3 squares of 70% cocoa chocolate and a few drops of Tabasco sauce, to taste, to the syrup for spicy chocolate-coffee flavour.