- Heat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, except for pecans. Pour into a greased 22 cm (9 in.) pie plate. Top with pecan pieces. Bake about 50 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Garnish with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream before serving.
- *How to cook squash: Cut in half and remove seeds. Place on a plate and cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender and shreds easily.
: This recipe can be prepared with most types of winter squash, so feel free to substitute spaghetti squash with butternut squash (musky squash), acorn squash, buttercup squash, or pumpkin.