Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and meatballs
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out seeds. Brush inside with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place squash halves, cut-side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until they are tender and shred easily with a fork.
- Meantime, combine veal, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and egg together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 12 meatballs, about 5 cm (2 in.) in diameter.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown meatballs on all sides. Reduce heat, pour marinara sauce over meatballs, and cover. Cook for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 74°C (165°F).
- Remove squash from oven. Using a fork, shred squash flesh into long strands that look like spaghetti. Divide squash onto four plates, spoon on some sauce, and place three meatballs on top. Complete the meal with a nice baguette.