- Purée onions using a food processor.
- Heat a bit of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and caramelize onion purée, stirring occasionally for approx. 15 minutes.
- Add curry, salt, pepper, and Espelette pepper, if desired.
- Heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tomatoes and purée them in a food processor.
- Add tomato purée to onion purée.
- Continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In another skillet, heat a bit of oil and brown ground beef, breaking it up into fairly large pieces.
- Add poultry or veal stock or broth halfway through cooking and reduce by half.
- Add cooked beef to onions.
- Add coconut milk, mint, and maple syrup.
- Adjust seasoning (add more syrup as needed).
- Blend well. Serve on brioche bread with sour cream, fresh cream, or plain yogurt.
KIDS WILL LOVE IT!
You can also serve Sloppy Joes on naan bread.