- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and add onion, celery, and carrots.
- Incorporate ground meat into vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until meat browns and vegetables are tender.
- Add puréed tomatoes coulis and nutmeg, if using, and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the sauce is ready, cook pasta in another saucepan according to package directions.
- Combine cooked pasta with the sauce and serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
For milder flavour, add a dash of cream right before serving.