Spice-Crusted Salmon with Orange Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oregano, paprika, cumin, mustard seeds, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 5 mL (1 tsp.) of this spice mixture in a separate bowl and add 5 mL (1 tsp.) oil to the remainder to make a paste. Spread paste on salmon.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet and cook salmon for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fish is opaque. Reserve.
- Add orange juice to reserved spice blend and dissolve cornstarch in this mixture.
- In the same skillet used to cook fish, heat orange sauce, scraping the bottom of the pan, until the sauce has thickened somewhat.
- Serve with asparagus and Parmesan polenta.