- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, cinnamon, cumin and coriander. Set aside.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high and cook quails for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Brush skin side of quails with half the maple syrup mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until meat is cooked and internal temperature reads 75°C (165°F).
- Brush again halfway through cooking. Remove quails and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside. Place skillet on stovetop and heat over medium-high for 2 minutes. Add game or veal stock and apple sauce, scraping bottom to loosen all particles. Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve quails with sauce, basmati rice and a green vegetable.
TIP: If serving as a starter, calculate one quail per person.