Spicy pecan-crusted maple trout
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Cut trout fillets into sticks. Brush fish sticks with maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve
- Mix spices and coarsely grind with a mortar and pestle or in coffee grinder.
- Add pecans. Coat each fish stick with spicy pecan mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of sticks (or until fish is opaque).
- Place fish sticks on a green salad with strips of sweet pepper and green onions.