- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place squash cubes in a 20 cm (8 in.) square cake pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar, then pour in apple juice. Set aside.
- Pour muffin mix into a bowl, add ginger and pecans and combine. Add water and using a spatula, gently blend until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour muffin batter over squash cubes. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cake cool and cut into 8 squares.
- Serve with a drizzle of 15% M.F. cream, English cream or light whipped cream.
Variation: Replace the muffin mix with a spice cake mix and the apple juice with orange juice.