Spinach salad with gorgonzola and pancetta
- Brown the pancetta in a non-stick skillet. Set aside to cool.
- Place the spinach, endive, gorgonzola, sunflower seeds, and pancetta in a bowl. Blend olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add to salad and gently toss.
- Serve with The Pumpernickel or Sunflower loaf for a light meal, and with grilled meat for a heartier meal.
- Add pieces of honeydew melon for a fresh touch.
- If you don't have pancetta, use real crumbled bacon. A short cut that will be just as delicious!
- *To toast sunflower seeds, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add seeds and cook for about 1 minute, or until aromatic and lightly toasted.