Squash, parsnip, lentil and white mushroom curry from Christian Bégin
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or wok over medium heat and sauté the spices 2 to 3 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the parsnip and sauté until tender. Add the garlic, onion, squash, sweet pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté a few minutes, mixing well to blend the flavours.
- Add lentils and diced tomatoes with their juice.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and then add coconut milk. (For a thicker sauce, dissolve cornstarch in part of the coconut milk beforehand).
- Bring to a boil, allow to thicken, and reduce heat when desired consistency obtained.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and season to taste. Serve with basmati rice.