- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet with high sides, then fry shallot and garlic over medium heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add tomatoes, sambal oeleck, and clam juice, then bring to a boil. Pepper generously.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture becomes creamy but not completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When ready to serve, boil 3 L (12 cups) salted water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add clams and shrimp to sauce and warm over low heat. Do not over-cook.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Add chopped parsley and grated parmesan, mix well and serve immediately.
And there you have it! A reimagined recipe from my friend, Isabel Richer!