- Place rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Fill 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix together the rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat brown sugar together with wet ingredients excluding the jam in a blender.
- Integrate dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Pour a little batter into bottom of muffin tins, top with about 5 mL (1 tsp.) jam, and then cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
Vary the muffins by using different jam fillings. These muffins keep well in the fridge.