- Place the cooking rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a saucepan, combine in strawberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the chia seeds, mix, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the rolled oats, whole-wheat flour, nuts, maple syrup, and butter.
- Grease and line a 20 cm (8 in.) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Slowly spread out the dry mix by lightly pressing it down. Add in the strawberry mix and spread out the remaining dry mix on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
Chef’s secret: leave to cool for 1 hour for the best flavour and consistency.