- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Break stems off artichokes and then bottom off and remove bottom leaves. Cut an X into the base of each. Using a sharp knife, cut top third off each artichoke. Snip thorns off remaining leaves with scissors. Rub all cut edges with a lemon half to prevent darkening.
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, remove the fuzzy choke from each artichoke centre, taking care not to bruise the surrounding leaves. Sprinkle the centre with lemon juice. Reserve. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook artichokes for about 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and place on a baking sheet.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat half of garlic seasoning and half of curry paste for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add chicken, sundried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, olives and apricots. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Use a fork to break apart chunks of meat during cooking.
- Fill artichokes with stuffing. Reserve. Pour tomato sauce and remaining garlic seasoning and curry paste into the same skillet and heat for 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Spoon 15 mL (1 tbsp.) onto each artichoke. Bake for 20 minutes in the oven. Divide remaining sauce among four large, shallow bowls and place an artichoke in each. Serve as an appetizer.
TIP: For a main course, serve artichokes with a legume salad.