- Preheat the barbecue to high.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise in four and place in a bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and sprinkle on half of the herbes de Provence. Set aside.
- Cut the sausages in half. Place a sausage half in each pepper wedge and pierce with a wooden skewer. Repeat for a total of eight skewers.
- Reduce the barbecue temperature to medium-high and grill the skewers on all sides until the sausages reach an internal temperature of 74 °C (165 °F).
- Serve with pasta drizzled in olive oil with garlic and basil.
Chef’s secret: soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning.