- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high. Oil the grill.
- Cut jalapeños and mini sweet peppers in half lengthwise being careful to leave the stems on. Remove seeds and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, dry sausage, 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chives, salt, and pepper. Fill the jalapeño and mini sweet peppers with this mixture.
- Top the peppers with shredded cheese and sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs.
- Reduce barbecue heat to low and place peppers on the grill. Cook with the lid closed for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are grilled and tender.
- Sprinkle peppers with remaining chives and lime zest. Drizzle with lime juice immediately before serving.
For milder flavour, use a less spicy dry sausage.