Stuffed veal cutlets alla Laziale
- Flatten veal with a meat tenderizer. Arrange prosciutto on cutlets and tenderize again. Cut cheese into sticks and place in the centre of each veal cutlet. Roll up cutlets, securing each with a toothpick. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet.
- Dust cutlets with flour and sear for 1 minute on each side. Add mushrooms and then place in 200˚C (400˚F) oven. Cook for 10 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking. Reserve.
- After removing excess oil from skillet, melt butter. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with white wine and add brandy, if desired. Cook to reduce liquid by half.
- Incorporate the beef broth and cream, and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until desired consistency is reached. Remove toothpicks and spoon sauce onto cutlets.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with snow peas and new potatoes.