Stuffed Veal Roast with sundried tomatoes and basil
- Soak sundried tomatoes in warm water for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place roast on a cutting board. Remove string and fat, where applicable. Cut while "unrolling the roast" until you have a long slice 1.2 cm (1/2 in.) thick.
- Chop sundried tomatoes, then combine with chopped basil and garlic.
- Spread mixture over roast. Stack pepper strips at one end of roast. Roll up roast starting with pepper end, ensuring peppers are properly centered. Tie with string.
- Brush roast with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Place roast in a roasting pan with a grill.
- Add a little water to the roasting pan. Oven sear for 15 minutes at 190°C (375°F). Cover and cook until done at 150°C (300°F) or about 45 minutes per pound. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and serve over pasta with fresh tomato and roasted garlic sauce.
- While roast is standing, prepare sauce. Reduce veal roast cooking juices by half in a pan. Add garlic purée. Salt and pepper. Add thyme leaves, then tomatoes. Let simmer for a few minutes and serve.