- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry into a 40 cm x 30 cm (16 in. x 12 in.) square. Place on baking sheet.
- Cover pastry with a second baking sheet or prick dough with a fork so it doesn’t rise. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Sugar cream filling
- In a large bowl, combine milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Stir 30 seconds until forming a paste.
- Pour reserved milk mixture gradually into saucepan while whisking.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly and cook another 3 minutes, still whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Let mixture cool completely in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add brown sugar and
- vanilla, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Cut 3 strips of puff pastry. Spread two of the layers with sugar cream filling.
- Pile the 3 pastry levels and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The filling keeps one week in the fridge. The assembled millefeuilles keeps one day in the fridge.