- Clean barbecue grills and oil well.
- Preheat barbecue at medium-high.
- Brush steaks with olive oil and smoked paprika. Lightly brush peaches with olive oil.
- Once the barbecue is very hot (260°C or 500°F), grill the peaches for about 30 seconds per side, or until they have grill marks. Set aside.
- Cook the steaks, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn them and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Place steaks on a work surface and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, mix the lemon zest and juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Pour in the olive oil . Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- In a large bowl, place the mâche, pecans, and peaches. Add the vinaigrette and toss lightly.
- Using a knife, slice the steak diagonally into thin strips across the grain.
- Arrange the meat on the salad and top with feta cheese.
For tastier, juicier steaks, salt the meat before cooking.
Bison is not only a good source of iron, it’s also stronger tasting, leaner, and richer in protein than beef. Delicious bison is sure to please the meat lover in you!