- Clean barbecue grills and oil well.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Brush steaks with olive oil and smoked paprika. Lightly brush peaches with olive oil.
- Once barbecue is very hot (260°C or 500°F), grill peaches for about 30 seconds per side, or until they have grill marks. Set aside.
- Cook steaks, covered, for about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Place steaks on a work surface and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Drizzle with olive oil . Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- In a large bowl, place mâche, pecans, and reserved peaches. Add vinaigrette and toss lightly.
- Using a knife, slice steak diagonally into thin strips across the grain.
- Arrange meat on salad and top with feta cheese.
For tastier, juicier steaks, salt meat before cooking.
In addition to being a good source of iron, bison meat has a bolder flavour and is leaner and higher in protein than beef. This meat will definitely please the meat lover in you.