- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- On a work surface, prick steaks in several places with a fork. Place in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, tamari sauce, grapefruit juice, grapefruit rind and chives.
- Pour this marinade onto the steaks and cover dish with plastic wrap. Marinate steaks in fridge for 2 hours, turning them over 3 times as they marinate.
- Remove steaks from marinade and drain well. Discard remaining marinade. Place steaks on oiled barbecue rack and grill, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Remove from barbecue.
- Serve a half-steak per guest, along with a citrus tabbouleh salad.
Variation: For a Mexican note, replace grapefruit juice and rind by lime juice and rind.Add 60 mL chopped fresh coriander and 5 mL cumin seeds.