- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and onion and sauté about 4 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables soften.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook 1 minute while stirring. Gradually mix in milk and broth, dissolving flour into liquid.
- Add potatoes and salt. Bring just to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and chowder has thickened.
- Add fish and seafood mix and continue to simmer another 5 minutes, or until fish and seafood are just cooked through.
- Top with chives and parsley just before serving, and serve chowder with crackers.
You can easily swap fish broth for homemade fish stock.