Surf n' turf with tarragon sauce
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Remove beef tenderloin medallions from fridge about 15 minutes before cooking.
- In a large pot, bring 6 litres (24 cups) of water to a boil. Add 75 mL (1/3 cup) salt. Plunge lobsters one by one into the water, head first and tail folded under. Cook for 10 minutes once water has returned to a boil, and then cool quickly in cold water. Drain. Cut lobsters in half lengthwise and crack claws. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat oil and butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add honey and wine and reduce by two thirds. Add the demi-glace and bring to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat; add lemon zest and tarragon. Cover and keep warm.
- Season beef medallions with salt and pepper on all sides. Place medallions on oiled barbecue rack. Cook 5 or 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. The meat must reach a minimum internal temperature of 63°C (145°F). Remove from heat and cover meat with aluminum foil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place half lobsters, cut side down, directly on oiled barbecue rack. Add the claws as well. Cook lobster and claws about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve one beef medallion and half a lobster (with claw) per guest. Serve with tarragon sauce, a baked potato, and a green salad.