- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauté until cooked through. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Combine 45 mL (3 tbsp.) water and the vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the sugar, ketchup, ginger, garlic, and red pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the cornstarch diluted in 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of water and mix well. Let cool.
- Pour sauce into bowl, add shrimp, and combine.
Topping and assembly
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lime zest, and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each blini with 5 mL (1 tsp.) of lime sour cream and one shrimp, and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
Chef ’s suggestion: Use mini pitas in place of blinis.
Beer and food pairings
Perfect pairing : white and smooth