Sweet & sour pineapple meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Drain pineapple. Save the juice.
- In a large bowl, use hands to mix the pineapple, ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into 40-45 meatballs using about 15 mL (1 tbsp.) for each one. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 70°C (160°F).
- Keep warm.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Combine the reserved pineapple juice, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, and ketchup in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cornstarch mixture and heat gently until boiling or until mixture thickens.
- Add meatballs and coat with sauce. Sprinkle meatballs with green onion, if using.