- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Place whole red peppers directly on the grill.
- Grill with lid closed for about 15 minutes, turning peppers at the halfway point.
- Remove peppers from barbecue and let sit at room temperature a few minutes in an airtight container.
- Remove peel from peppers along with the seeds and the stem.
- Purée the peppers in a food processor until smooth and then season to taste.
- Place the sweet onions directly on the barbecue grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes, turning at the midway point.
- Serve onions with red pepper coulis.
Try sweet Cambray onions. They look a lot like green onions, but they're bigger and taste much sweeter.