- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, blanch sweet peppers for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse quinoa in cold water and drain. (Rinsing quinoa removes the bitter coating from the seed.) Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add quinoa and stir to coat well. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until liquid is completely absorbed and the grain is tender.
- Add zucchini, eggplant and corn. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring gently. Add salsa, oregano and chili powder, and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Stuff each pepper half with quinoa mixture and place in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Grill for 3 minutes to brown cheese. Serve as a side dish for grilled fish.
Try a variety of grains! Replace quinoa by brown rice or bulgur.
When you prepare quinoa to serve with a main dish, make extra and freeze. You'll be a step ahead the next time you make stuffed peppers!