- Heat the butter in a large saucepan on medium-high. Add the shallots and both types of potatoes. Sauté for 3 minutes or until the shallots are translucent. Add the chicken stock.
- Cover and lower the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the contents of the saucepan in a food processor or blender. Add the curry paste and milk. Add pepper, to taste, and stir.
- Pour equal portions into six oven-safe bowls. Place a slice of toast on each bowl and cover with cheese and salami. Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden-brown. Garnish with parsley just before serving.
- Dazzle your guests with a piping-hot soup full of enticing aromas! This recipe puts Switzerland in the spotlight, with Gruyère cheese, an international favourite.
Suggestion for accompaniment: Serve with Relais des Oliviers white wine