- Pour just enough water (about 3 cm or 1 1/4 inch) into a steamer so that water does not touch the steaming basket or insert. Place the basket in the steamer; cover and bring water to a boil.
- Place potatoes in basket and then reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 8 to
- 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, but still slightly crisp. Add water to the saucepan as need be.
- Place asparagus on the potatoes. Arrange fish steaks on top, and then tomatoes. Sprinkle with tarragon. Cover pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Add butter. Cover and cook for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Just before serving, sprinkle dish with lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Variation: Fresh tomatoes, in season, can be used instead of tinned. If asparagus is not in season, replace with green beans.