- In a bowl, combine the parsley, cilantro, onions, garlic, and spices.
- Add the lamb shoulder and coat well with the mixture. Cover and let the meat absorb the flavours for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator, or even better, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Transfer the lamb and seasonings to a tajine. Add the wine, broth, carrots, and parsnips.
- Bake for 2 to 2½ hours.
- Add olives. Continue baking 20 to 30 more minutes.
- Serve over a bed of couscous, garnished with lemon zest, and green beans on the side.
Tip: If you don't have a tajine – a typical North African baking dish –
you can use a heavy saucepan to cook the lamb on the stove;
cover and simmer over low heat for 2 to 2½ hours.