- Melt unsalted butter and cashew butter in a container in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place Oreo crumbs and rolled oats in a large bowl.
- Pour unsalted butter and cashew butter over top and mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts and place in 4 individual tart tins measuring 10 cm (4 inches) across.
- Firmly press dough into tins to make crust. Reserve in the fridge.
- Place chocolate in bowl. Reserve.
- Place cold milk, coffee, sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Pour onto chocolate and wait 1 minute before whisking to combine.
- Whisk filling and pour into crusts. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
*Chef’s tip: You can leave the pies in the fridge for several hours so that they unmould easily and can be cut into slices.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org