This recipe is courtesy of Agropur.
- Rub cheese fondue pot with garlic.
- Add cheeses and cover with white wine.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring often to melt cheese.
- Dissolve cornstarch in kirsch or water and pour into pot; stir constantly until smooth.
- Season with pepper and add nutmeg to taste.
To add something new to your cheese fondue, try these combos:
- Skewer an apple slice and cucumber round and dip in fondue.
Then roll in a mixture of chopped parsley and chives.
- Skewer a piece of date and a toasted nut bread cube.
Dip in fondue and then roll in crumbled bacon.
- Roll a slice of prosciutto around a bread stick.
Dip in fondue and roll in chopped caramelized pecans.
For a dash of spiciness, add a few drops of Sriracha sauce to your cheese fondue half-way through the meal.