- Place bread on a work surface and cut off the rounded cap. Slice bread in half to obtain two large slices. Cut each slice into three.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and basil.
- Reserve. Preheat barbecue at medium heat. Arrange bread slices on lower barbecue grill. Grill for about 30 seconds per side, or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Transfer toast to an oiled double thickness of aluminum foil set on the upper barbecue rack. Top each slice with brie and then spoon on fruit mixture. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Reduce barbecue heat and close lid.
- Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese and brown sugar have melted.
: Replace raspberries by pears, and brie by a blue cheese such as Gorgonzola. Sprinkle with cinnamon.