This recipe is courtesy of McCain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger, stirring occasionally, until onion is slightly softened.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 or 2 minutes until spices become fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cream, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes or until sauce thickens. Keep warm.
- In the meantime, bake fries according to instructions on package.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder and cumin and toss with fries to coat.
- Divide fries equally in four bowls, add cheese, and pour curry and garam masala sauce over dish. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Serve with a dollop of tzatziki or plain yogurt if desired.
If you cannot find red curry powder, substitute 10 mL (2 tsp.) yellow curry powder, 5 mL (1 tsp.) paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Substitute fresh parsley or mint for cilantro if desired.