- In a small saucepan, heat 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for about 3 minutes, or until they become translucent. Add red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Transfer mixture to a blender.
- Add Parmesan and process at the top speed until mixture is smooth and well blended. Dilute with a little liquid from the jar of peppers if the sauce is too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oat bran, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion flakes and chives. Dip tilapia fillets in beaten egg and then in flour mixture. Shake fillets gently to remove excess coating.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry tilapia fillets for 5 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with the pepper coulis, rice and a seasonal vegetable.
Variation: For a stronger whole-grain flavour, add 45 mL (3 tablespoons) of mixed ground flaxseed and sesame seeds.