- In a bowl, combine oil, thyme, parsley, balsamic vinegar, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Reserve 60 mL (1/4 cup) of this marinade. Place beef medallions in a shallow dish and pour over remaining marinade.
- Turn medallions to coat well. Marinate in refrigerator for one hour, turning once during this time.
- Preheat barbecue at medium-high. Brush endives and radicchio quarters with reserved marinade. Drain medallions and place on oiled barbecue rack.
- Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness. After meat has cooked for 2 minutes, place endives and radicchio on barbecue. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until vegetables are lightly grilled, brushing once with marinade during cooking.
- For the last minute of cooking, top each beef medallion with blue cheese and cook, with the lid closed, until the cheese melts slightly. Remove medallions and vegetables from the barbecue; thinly slice endives and radicchio.
- Divide endives and radicchio evenly among four serving plates. Add the figs. Place a beef medallion on each vegetable mixture.
: Replace Worcestershire sauce by 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sundried tomato pesto, parsley by basil, and blue cheese by goat cheese. Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top just before serving.