Italian tourtière from Stefano Faita
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the garlic, onion, and zucchini for a few minutes.
- Add the ground pork and veal and season. Fry the meat for a few minutes to give it colour, but don ’t cook it completely.
- Add tomato paste, chicken broth, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Finish cooking uncovered for 10 more minutes to reduce cooking juices.
- Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a pie pan, and then add half the meat mixture. Sprinkle with half the Fontina cheese. Repeat the steps to create a second layer of meat and cheese.
- Roll out remaining dough into a circle a little bigger than the pie pan. Place it over the filling and seal the edges well.
- Make some incisions in the dough to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes