- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Purée beans in blender. Add crème fraîche and blend. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Place pita strips on a baking sheet. Brush with 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil and sprinkle with hot pepper and salt.
- Bake in oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until bread is golden. Check occasionally to prevent burning.
- In the meantime, heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté onions, chorizo, and thyme for about 10 minutes, or until onions and chorizo are golden.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Serve chips with bean dip and chorizo onions.
This recipe is being made available to you as part of My homemade lunch campaign, an initiative of La Tablée des Chefs, presented by IGA in collaboration with the Government of Quebec. Starting August 18th, make a $2 donation in any IGA supermarket to encourage our youth to cook! www.tableedeschefs.org