Trout fillets in a creamy herb sauce
- Arrange the fillets in a microwave dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the water and 125 mL (1/2 cup) white wine over the fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a vent in the corner to allow the steam to escape.
- Cook at maximum intensity for approximately 7 minutes or until the fish breaks apart easily with a fork. Let sit for 2 minutes before removing from the microwave oven.
- In the meantime, heat the butter over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Sauté the onion for about 2 minutes or until it becomes translucent. Add the remaining wine and the vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Incorporate the cream cheese, stirring constantly with a whisk until the sauce attains a thick consistency. Add the herbs just before serving. Serve with asparagus and with rice sprinkled with grilled almonds.