- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape 30 won ton covers into cones on a work surface. Use a little olive oil to help glue the seams.
- Shape 30 aluminum foil cones the same size as won ton cones. Insert foil cones inside won ton cones so they hold their shape while baking.
- Brush cones with olive oil using a kitchen brush.
- Lay cones on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- While cones are baking, place trout on a plate and cook in microwave for 2 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Finely chop shallot in a food processor. Add cream cheese, ricotta, lemon zest and juice, dill, trout fillet, and purée until smooth. Season generously with pepper and season with salt. Blend again.
- Fill cones with trout mousse. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can also serve the mousse on crackers or toasted baguette slices.