Turkey and two-pepper empanadas
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté turkey, green onions, peppers, garlic, and chives for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll pie crust out flat. Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles 8 cm (3 in.) in diameter.
- Add sour cream and cheese to turkey mixture and combine.
- Place about 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of turkey mixture in the centre of each circle. Brush edges with beaten egg yolk and fold each circle in half. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- Place empanadas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with remaining egg yolk. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.