- Soak 4 wooden brochette skewers in water for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine garlic powder, crushed cilantro, pineapple juice, lime juice and olive oil.
- Season cubed turkey generously with pepper, and thread onto skewers. Place in a dish just big enough to hold brochettes.
- Pour marinade over brochettes allow to marinate for about 2 hours, turning cubes after 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine pineapple, tomatoes, mint, olive oil and lime juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat. Place brochettes on barbecue grill.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until meat is no longer pinkish inside. Transfer to a plate; cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Serve with basmati rice and pineapple and cherry tomato salad.
VARIATION: If you don't have fresh pineapple, replace it with tinned pineapple or cubes of mango.